Thursday 16 June 2011

A soundtrack for touring.

It won't be long now until I'll be travelling through Germany, Holland and Denmark with my Dad for the holidays and I hope to post updates about the tri[p and the kind of things we manage to do. Since we're getting around on this trip purely by car, my Dad has allowed to pick 20 CD's to play in his car as we travel. I am constantly trying to get all those around me into heavier music and I figure this will be a good opportunity to do so. Recently however, I've been doing quite the opposite and getting my Dad into gentle alternative rock bands like The Courteeners and Arcade Fire. Therefore with these CD's a plan on having them played so that the first album has a lighter sound and through the 20 CD's the content gets progressivley heavier. These are the 20 CD's I plan on using:

Kasabian - Empire
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
My Chemical Romance - Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys
Jimmy Eat World - Futures
Biffy Clyro - Puzzle
Skillet - Comatose
Good Charlotte - Good Morning Revival
Foo Fighters - One by One
Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission
Seether - Disclaimer II
30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Alter Bridge - Blackbird
Linkin Park - Meteora
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Papa Roach - Infest
Disturbed - The Sickness
Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold
Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album)

I figure this should be a good selection as the music on many of these albums is played heavily but the majority of vocals remain clean on all albums. My family won't go anywhere near scream vocals and have a perception that metal music consists only of scream vocals. Now that I've made the list I don't really want to change it, but when I initally planned out what CDs to use, I thought of using Funeral for a Friend's "Tales Don't Tell Themselves" but forgot about it. Thinking on it now, I'd really like to include that album but I can't think of any album I could replace. Any ideas? Is my overall choice good or is there any better albums I could use for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment