Wednesday 15 June 2011

My first review thing: Trivium - In Waves

Well, there are a few things going on in the world of music right now, but I'd like to start this blog off by writing about something that really pleases me and believe me, when I discovered heavy metal group, Trivium had released a new song onto the internet, I was totally ecstatic. I figure Trivium is a great band for me to review first, as they certainly are favourites, they're the third proper metal group I listened to, after Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold (It could be argued I was introduced to metal unconventionally) and I'm going to give them a positive review. The bad seem pretty positive as well about the release of their latest album, "In Waves", as frontman, Matt Heafy states "There's no question about it, in our eyes, this is the most complete project we've ever done." A statement I find to be bold and exciting, especially after the release of "Shogun". If "In Waves" does manage to top "Shogun" I will probably break down and cry and cry and cry... with joy. I hope this announcement of news and addition of my opinion has gone well, since I intend to make the majority of my blog like this. Anyways, now the review. However their's not too much to review, apart from the albums title track, which has been around for a while now, but as I say, I'd like my first proper post to be about something I love. The track "In Waves" gives Trivium much more of a metalcore sound than heard before, due to the large amount of breakdowns heard throughout. Hearing this I saw similarities to bands like All That Remains and Killswitch Engage, who they've always been compared to, but the comparison is much clearer. However, the track still contains it's own flare of originality, due to Heafy's unique soaring vocals. I imagine many people who have gotten into Trivium because of "Shogun" will not like this as much since there os more of a metalcore sound than a Thrash metal sound. I love the song though and "Shogun" is my favourite album by them so far, but I listen to a lot of different rock genres. Seriously, now that I've listened to some metalcore, I'll probably go listen to some Stoner Rock. Anyways, that's my first review. Again I hope it's enjoyable and the kind of thing Kerrang! Would approve of. I kind of plan on making a career from this kind of thing.


Check out "In Waves" on the link below. Do you guys agree? Disagree? Have your say but don't make your comments too bleak.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-1Lwf2SlMc&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment